What will I get from the course?
1. We hope that you will like the films you watch and get enjoyment
2. Although this isn't the main purpose of the course, you will
get practice in understanding English - and the subtitles in English
for the hard of hearing should help you there, plus some help from
the Study Notes.
3. You'll probably pick up a few new words and expressions
- and let's hope that it is not all bad language! (Many modern British
films seem to be full of bad language).
4. Most important, although it comes last in this list, we
hope the films will start you reflecting on a range of individual
and social attitudes and ways of relating to inviduals and social
groups. We hope that you will explore your emerging opinions
through discussion with the cross-cultural collection of students
on the film discussion list firstname.lastname@example.org